Under The Lab Coat with Robin Tiede
Get to know Robin Tiede through our 6 rapid-fire questions:
- What is your Educational & Work Background? I went to San Diego State University where I obtained a B.S. in Micropaleontology. I started out at Mitchell Bradford in 1975 as a Technical Sales Engineer. I was trained in metal coloring, antiquing and cleaning of metals. I transferred to Hubbard-Hall in 1991 with the acquisition of Mitchell Bradford.
- What are your main interests & hobbies? I love vintage bead necklaces and really enjoy gardening.
- What is your current title: Senior AquaPure Product Manager
- What do your job duties involve? They involve formulation of the Aquapure products, finding new technologies and new applications, writing literature for AquaPure products and solving customer’s wastewater issues.
- What is a fact that most people don’t know about you? Most people don’t know that I lived in Japan for 7 years. My son presently lives in Hong Kong, my daughter lives in New York and my sister- in-law lives in Nepal. We are a very international family.
- What do you like most about your job? The people and the challenges of the job. As product manager I work closely with the technical service staff, Bob MacDonald, David Joyce and Robin Deal, to solve customers waste treatment problems.
- What is a recent challenging problem that you helped solve for a customer and how did you solve it? Yesterday, a customer who handles 55 service plants called me with a problem she was having. She was concerned that they had no clear standard operating procedure for when a problem occurred in their waste water treatment system and was wondering if we had any recommendations. I went over a previous talk that I had given about the importance of recording accurate data for problem solving and gave her some examples of how to record this data and analyze it.