Under The Lab Coat with Susan Labeck
If you have ever called our technical team in Waterbury for support you have probably at one stage spoken with Susan Labeck or Sue (as we like to call her). Get to know Sue a little better by reading the 7 questions we asked her:
1. What is your current title?: Technical Support Chemist
2. A fact that most people don’t know about you: I am active in the VFW Ladies Auxiliary. Presently I am Connecticut’s District 5 President for the Auxiliary and I have served as Auxiliary President for Water-Oak Post 5157 for 2 years.
3. Interests & Hobbies: Hiking, skiing, swimming and yoga. I love being active and if it is an activity outdoors, it’s even better.
4. Product Line Expertise: I field mostly cleaner questions. I also have a background in plating, bright dips, burnishing compounds, electropolishes, and strippers.
5.What is your educational & work background?: I graduated from Western Connecticut State University with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. I have learned most of what I do today on-the-job in my 30+ years at Hubbard-Hall.
6. What do you like most about your job?: Diversity! Everyday has different challenges. I am never sitting still for long, there is always something to test, blend or investigate. The biggest “perk” is getting to work with an outstanding team that brainstorms and banters.
7. What is a recent problem you solved for a customer? Recently I helped guide a customer trying to remove tarnish from heat treated beryllium copper with a product they already had in-house, Copperbrite, by recommending different parameters than they typically used.