With Mike Valenti.
Mike is based out of our Inman, SC branch. He has been with Hubbard-Hall for a year now.
- Educational & Work Background: University of Georgia, BS in Chemistry. Prior to Hubbard-Hall, I worked for Milliken Chemical (Spartanburg, SC), primarily as a Sr. Applications Scientist. I have also spent time working as a Product Line Manager in Plastics Additives business. Most of my career has been spent working at customer sites, conducting trials and implementing processes, to support existing or new product introductions.
- Interests & Hobbies: I have coached youth baseball, football, and basketball for last 10 years, and enjoy sport shooting.
- Your current title: Senior Technical Service Engineer
- Product line expertise: I work with our customers on nearly all of our product lines except Aquapure. Most of my experience so far has been with Cleaners, Prepaint products, and Paint Strippers.
- A fact that most people don’t know about you: For the last 5 years, I have served as the volunteer District Administrator ( SC District 7) for Little League International. I oversee the Leagues in 3 Upstate counties, with about 2000 children participating.
- What do you like most about your job?: I really enjoy being in the field, working at customer locations and helping solve their problems or needs.
- What is a recent challenging problem that you helped solve for a customer and how did you solve it? We have recently had a challenge with a customer and their 5 stage washer in North Carolina. This is a large line using Hubphos 150 and Emerald Seal 308 before painting. We have excellent corrosion performance there, but, part consistency was sometimes an issue for them. After assessing their process we successfully implemented better process controls that have resultied in better consistency, and opened up management, to continuing let us put in other process improvements to improve bath life and reduce maintenance.