Hubbard-Hall Adds 1,000 Square Feet to SC Laboratory
Capital investment supports expanded R&D and technical service capabilities to the surface finishing industry.
Hubbard-Hall (headquartered in Waterbury, CT) acquired the former peach-packing facility in Inman, SC in 1974 and has steadily reinvested in the plant. A small expansion in 1978 was followed by a million dollar modernization in 1995. The facility currently employees 27 people and includes manufacturing, customer service, purchasing and sales as well as technical service.
“From a tech service and product development point of view, we want to be our customers’ best supplier, and to do this we need a best-in-class lab” said President/CEO Molly Kellogg. “Investing significant dollars behind our people and our products just makes sense. We go to market as a service company – using chemistry and expertise to help manufacturers improve their bottom line.”
Equipment in the new R&D lab includes an ion chromatography unit, a FT-IR, an Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer and a Karl Fischer Water Analysis. The Pilot Lab houses two corrosion chambers that allows multiple ASTM corrosion tests to run simultaneously, spray wash cabinets, multiple tank lines to mimic customer processes, a vibratory bowl and a line to test the company’s black oxide product line, Black Magic.
With roots from 1849, Hubbard-Hall’s mission is to help manufacturers tackle complex surface finishing and wastewater treatment problems through chemistry and technical expertise. Combining 6 generations of family leadership, 3 strategically located facilities and a goal of 99.8% product consistency, the company is performance driven and customer focused.