7 Do’s & 1 Don’t
Tips for Surviving and Thriving in the Upcoming Trade Show Season
- DO your homework, reading up on show issues of industry publications such as Products Finishing and Powder Coating and the tradeshow websites to learn who has what you need – and where they are on the floor.
- DO know what information you need to have from each exhibitor. Then plan intelligent questions to ask them. (At the show, be prepared to push for answers to questions exhibitors are not prepared to answer.)
- DO tell exhibitors you are on a tight time schedule to avoid casual chatter and get straight down to business.
- DO write a trip report as you go along and summarize your notes every evening.
- DO treat the trade show as a specialty store rather than a supermarket. Focus on what you’re looking for, whether it’s cleaning or corrosion control.
- DO wear comfortable shoes. (You’d be amazed how many show-goers forget this!)
- DO skip overly crowded booths. They will still be there at the end of the day.
DON’T forget to commit the following Hubbard-Hall tradeshow schedule to memory. We’ll see you on the road.
|NASF SUR/FIN: Booth 521||Cleveland, Ohio||June 9-11, 2014|
|Powder Coating Show: Booth 615||Indianapolis, Indiana||September 16-18, 2014|
|Fabtech: Booth 555||Atlanta, Georgia||November 11-13, 2014|