2009 Year in Review
Thank You For Your Support In Challenging 2009
As the start of a new year approaches, we would like to thank everyone for your support in a challenging 2009.
After coming off our best year ever in 2008, dramatic changes in market conditions forced us to control costs, work harder and look farther for new opportunities to grow.
Amidst the clouds of 2009, there were some strong rays of light:
- New products and services, combined with the discipline of ISO, RDP and lean initiatives, helped capitalize on new markets.
- Our redesigned website drew 2 ½ times as many hits as the previous year, with a commensurate increase in sales leads.
- The West Springfield warehouse was phased out during the last three months of the fiscal year and inventory was moved to the Wilmington warehouse. Both teams did an excellent job ensuring a smooth transition and West Springfield sales office remains intact.
- Sales have rallied in the second half of the year thanks to the efforts of our field sales force and product managers, supported by our customer service team.
- Research and Development designed new green cleaners environmentally safer than traditional cleaners, competitively priced, and work great.
As a result of our efforts, we are proud to report that Hubbard-Hall remained profitable despite a truly difficult economic environment, and we look forward to working with you in the coming years.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Charles T. Kellogg
Andrew K. Skipp