New cleaner provides cleaning and brightening in one step
As a leader in industrial and oil heating nozzles, this company provides significant reductions in combustion pollutants for cleaner air and contribute to the reduction of carbon and soot helping to retain set up efficiencies and extend maintenance cycles.
This facility runs machined brass and assembles various brass parts into nozzles for gas furnaces. The brass they run is a low lead, approximately 20% zinc. They also run some bismuth brass and a very small part of the nozzle is stainless steel.
Current process includes the following:
1. The brass nozzles are washed in a vapor degreaser using a reclaimed mineral spirits-based solvent system.
2. The Stainless-Steel degreaser is cleaned and made up with fresh solvent every 3 months.
3. The parts coming out of this washer are cleaned and dried after being vapor degreased.
4. Most of the nozzles are clean and bright however all are processed through a nitric acid based bright dip to further polish and remove any black staining.
a. 15% rejection rate from nitric brightener causing pitting (see image 1 above)
5. The bright dip puts a slight dulling on the smooth shiny brass nozzle heads, followed by several rinses, and then a chromate seal to prevent tarnish.
- Superior Oil Splitting Abilities- Extended Bath Life, Reclaim Oil with BTU Value
- Forms Highly Soluble Metal Salts – Reduced Scale and Sludge in Washer
- Low Odor – No Toxic Fumes
- Non-Chelated – Simplifies Waste Treatment
- Low Corrosion—Rates Minimizes Over Etching
- Removes Oxides and Scales – Eliminates Multi-Stage Cleaning Operations
- Phosphate Free—Reduces wastewater charges
- One step cleaner, deoxidizer & brightener – Reduces stages, time, equipment and space needed for desired finish.