Provide technical and sales support for proprietary products to Hubbard-Hall customers and sales personnel. Work closely with sales reps, management, marketing, and development to accurately present the company’s solutions and services to customers, as well collect and document competitive intelligence data.
- Troubleshoot complex technical problems; perform in-depth research and analysis and solve customer problems.
- Assist the sales force by identifying and communicating additional opportunities for our products to solve customer requirements.
- Perform independently in the field and provide appropriate product recommendations based on the customers’ needs.
- Help customers identify potential needs for additional products, based on their processes.
- Able to problem solve and come up with creative solutions.
- Be proficient in major product areas, i.e.: cleaning, paint strippers, phosphates, metal coloring, heat treat salts, rust preventatives and mass finishing.
- Research and utilize chemical knowledge and experience to provide in-depth explanations pertaining to how our products will meet customers’ demands.
- Participates in the development of new products and modification of existing products.
- Provide timely communications and updates to the Technical Manager and the appropriate product and sales managers by phone and detailed call reports in E-Chempax. Log details of all customer interactions in E-Chempax including research completed, email exchanges, and steps taken through the resolution and close.
- Conduct field trails, product demonstrations respond to service calls at the direction of the VP of Sales and/or Technical Director.
- Work with Product Managers on projects to improve the Specialty product line under the direction of the Technical Director.
- Make technical presentations at Trade Shows and demonstrate how a product meets client needs.
- Search for new clients and opportunities to maximize client potential.
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team.
- Provide weekly itinerary to the Technical Director, Sales Managers and Product Managers.
- Inform account sales representative before scheduling any calls and communicate activities, requests and opportunities.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or industrial engineering along with solid experience in industrial chemical processing or working knowledge of industrial chemicals is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in the field desired; will consider a recent college graduate.
- Professional development courses and certifications as determined by supervisor.
- Good communication and sales skills are essential.
- Sound judgment and good business sense, organization, team-working, independence and self-reliance, resilience and tenacity, analytical and problem solving and the ability to build relationships.