The Applications Engineer understands cleaning in the metal finishing industry. Provides engineering expertise and technical application support for Hubbard-Hall cleaning products. Works on specific projects with customers east of the Mississippi River. Responsible for identifying and providing reliable solutions for all technical issues related to cleaning.
Establishes and maintains strong relationships with the sales teams and customer base. Ensures customer satisfaction through the sales process, implementation process and day-to- day cleaning.
- In-house expert on Hubbard-Hall cleaning products, cleaning trends and product application.
- Technical expert for cleaning; cleaning liaison to the sales team.
- Onsite troubleshooter for all Hubbard-Hall cleaning products.
- Expert interface with sales as a technical resource to the end user.
- Runs cleaning trails at customer sites.
- Recommends solutions to customers to solve cleaning problems and issues.
- Create product technical documentation.
- Provide technical support to sales and to customers onsite or remotely.
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in cleaning in the metal finishing field.
- Proficient in technical writing and communication.
- Ability to travel up to 25% on a regular basis and 40% occasionally.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight and play an active role as a contributor to the team.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done and learn quickly.
- Strong work ethic and a “make it happen” attitude.
- Persuasive and articulate, with an ability to communicate and influence people at all levels, verbally, in writing and by presentation.
- Stable, loyal and reliable, with a customer focused personality.
- Self-reliant, flexible and resourceful.
- Ability to balance priorities, plan strategically, change focus, handle ambiguity and be rapidly responsive.
- Excellent prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Reports to: Product Manager – Cleaning