As a product marketing manager, you are responsible for making our brand top of mind and our products “fly-off-the-shelf.”
This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our customers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with customerss and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative, integrated programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality are critical to your success. Along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales manager; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Develop marketing strategies and integrated programs; drive demand for our products with creative and innovative marketing practices. Including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyers.
- Create consistent positioning statements, messaging and the associated proof points. This source material is used by marketing to generate public-facing marketing collateral.
- Oversee the production of all sales materials, including presentations, blog posts, advertisements and social media posts. Develop internal tools and external collateral and teach how and when to use it.
- Manage SEO & PPC for your product line. You will be working with senior management and outsource resources for these initiatives.
- Measure the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Be the expert on our customers. Understand and document our customer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Make recommendations for changes to our own strategies.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research).
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. The ability to influence and work collaboratively with sales, marketing and Product Management is especially important. Must be a Team player!
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid writer with a keen eye for detail and a flare for creativity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with marketing automation tools and comfortable using CRM tools. Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel and represent the company at trade shows, industry events and conferences.