Business Development Representative is responsible for increasing sales and revenue by focusing on customer acquisition. This position involves warm outreach to potential customers (email/phone), nurturing known prospects, identifying and cultivating qualified leads, and analysis of new incoming leads. This position is a crucial part of growing sales and will be tasked with making recommendations on how the prospect will be handled moving forward. Outbound contacting of leads to understand their current problems desired outcomes, requirements and delivering our value propositions. This position will be measured on meaningful selling interactions and looked to for creative additions to the current business development process.
• Strong sales and presentation skills – ability to create meaningful selling interactions with qualified leads and using consultative selling techniques to learn about the prospect, their challenges and desired outcomes. Strong presentation skills via phone and technology applications (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc).
• Communication skills – effectively utilize written and verbal communication to create awareness and increase education in prospects and implement active listening skills to gather key information from prospects.
• Data analysis – the ability to research leads to determine the size of the current opportunity as well as future opportunities
• Sources new opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and the outbound prospect process of email campaigns, warm calls, and emails.
• Creatively optimizes networking channels to identify prospects and leads.
• Researches prospects, qualifies and disqualifies prospect, identifies key decision-maker, and generates interest.
• Uncovers prospect’s needs and requirements using a consultative sales approach.
• Prospecting, cross-selling, and upselling both inbound leads as well as outbound networking.
• Remains knowledgeable and up to date on changes and developments in Hubbard-Hall products and customer opportunities.
• Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports and CRM updates.
• Expected to make 20-30 lead follow-up phone calls per day.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree; 4+ years of new sales acquisition; formal sales training and customer research.
• Academic or industry knowledge of chemistry while a definite plus is not mandatory
• Computer proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Experience with a CRM system.
• Analytical, research-driven
• Ability to understand and communicate the value proposition.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation.
• Tremendous self-initiative and motivation to achieve
• Able to work with limited oversight while being highly organized and detail-oriented
• Resilient and results-oriented driven by a strong work ethic.
• Operates with a high sense of urgency and sensitive to deadlines
• Innately skilled in building meaningful relationships by interacting/ collaborating with others.
• Integrity/trustworthy – easily establishes a sense of credibility with others.
• High energy, dynamic, enthusiastic, engaging individual.
• Confident professional demeanor with a cheerful positive outlook
• Straightforward, direct, and candid – but diplomatic.
• Able to stay calm, focused, prioritize, and multi-task.
LOCATION: Remote office or Inman, SC