The Assistant Controller reports to the Controller. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
Ensure accurate accounting records for the Company. Duties include performing a variety of complex bookkeeping and accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records, and preparing financial and statistical reports.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention.
- Reconcile necessary accounts for month end and prepare journal entries to post to proper accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts.
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit.
- Prepare Monthly Commissions for all sales divisions.
- Identify and develop process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency.
- Help identify and implement software to automate the finance group processes and implement the systems.
- May perform other special projects as required by the Controller/Senior management.
- Promote and support the elements and principles of the ISO and Responsible Distribution Quality Management Systems and Lean initiatives.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. Advanced training/degree in same fields preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant Accounting experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment helpful.
- Curious and eager to learn and improve processes and procedures.
- Experience with ERP systems and accounting software.
- Exhibits strong computer skills and knowledge of relevant technology.
- Advanced Excel skills. Tableau/Microsoft Power BI experience a plus.
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager and multi-tasker.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Displays the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Has a working knowledge of accepted accounting practices and financial accounting standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills