Technical Sales Representative, Wastewater Treatment
Develop and increase sales to achieve and maintain sales and gross profit budget goals. Work with technical support engineer to coordinate sales and servicing accounts to maintain and increase business. Prospect for new customers, markets and products that can be developed into sales opportunities.
- Increase sales and gross profit by managing and maintaining sales and service for waste water treatment and other specialty products.
- Target future prospects for growth and develop sales leads through cold calls and from information sources.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Make joint calls with supplier representatives to promote and learn waste water treatment product line.
- Act as customer liaison with customer service, technical support, production and the warehouses to ensure product and delivery specifications are met.
- Continually improve product and process knowledge through training sessions, trade publications, and other means of technical education.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- College or University Diploma, preferably in a Science field
- One (1) to four (4) years of sales experience
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and Internet applications
- Proven abilities in finding and closing sales
- Excellent listening, questioning and probing skills
- Effective organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, internally motivated
- Enthusiastic, goal-setter, customer service oriented