Supply Chain Supervisor
Location: Waterbury CT
REPORTS TO: Manager of Corp. Procurement DEPARTMENT: Purchasing
FLSA: Exempt HOURS: Full-time
Executes the planning and purchasing activities to support department, business unit, and divisional goals. Makes recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. Works closely with the Management of Corporate Procurement to ensure the best supply chain solutions are achieved. Manages the Inventory Planner and the Buyer.
- Manages the Inventory Planner and the Buyer.
- Manages the day-to-day workload including development and implementation of purchasing procedures, document controls, and database management.
- Work with Inventory Planner to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained in accordance with acceptable turn ratios and to ensure that order demand is accommodated. Facilitate best practices of inventory control to include more supplier controlled inventory. Reduce company owned inventory
- Initiate daily late order meetings to confirm lead times, and ensure that this information is precisely communicated correctly to other departments.
- Work with Buyer in eliminating difficulties and delays within the supply base. Coordinate and resolve issues regarding existing and new suppliers.
- Communicate with Warehouse Manager to ensure proper space utilization in HH warehouses.
- Research and evaluate new product/cost requests and initiate the process to obtain new codes and changes to existing product records.
- Participate in the new supplier approval process, maintain supplier profiles and assist in setting up systems to assess and audit supplier performance. Track and improve supplier performance by conducting supplier evaluations around on-time delivery rating, communication response, number of backorders, etc.
- Review customer product specifications and requirements, and process vendor rebate programs. Ensure that these systems are all integrated correctly with Sales and CS Department.
- Manage all supplier private label programs, and ensure that all quality standards are met.
- Coordinate Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Promote and support the elements and principles of the ISO, Responsible Distribution and Lean Quality Management systems.
- Establish an optimal internal and external pricing flow plan to institute a pricing management program. Establish a technology evaluation to determine the ideal purchasing software and technology for pricing management.
- Stay informed of advances in supply chain technology and approaches, and apply within the organization to improve supply while developing and implementing new systems, best practices, inventory control, demand planning, and other optimizations, chain processes
- Fully support Purchasing Department by functioning as a backup during employee vacations. Cross training in areas of Buyer, Inventory Planner, and Materials Sourcing Manager roles.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with focus on Windows and Window related programs.
- Five years progressively complex experience in inventory management, logistics, or transportation.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in one of the fields of Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration.
- APIS certification desirable.
Applicant should have in-depth knowledge of end to end supply chain processes around best practices, management systems, production and processing, computer database management, risk mitigation, project management, and lean initiatives. The preparation of management reports as well as analyzing statistical data is also a very important part of this role.
Please submit your resume below or contact Lisa Casey at Lcasey@hubbardhall.com if interested.