Location: Waterbury CT
Management position accountable for the quality, quantity, and efficiency of manufacturing and tank farm through planning, organizing, technical leadership, and project coordination. The Production Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost effective solutions for all aspects of production.
Direct reports include the Manufacturing and Tank Farm Chemical Operators and Supervisors and Scheduler.
- Ensure the effective management of Manufacturing and the Tank Farm.
- Establish and maintain procedures that ensure high standards of productivity, product quality, cost effectiveness and safety.
- Utilize human and capital resources to meet site goals while consistently serving the needs of the customer.
- Plan, schedule, and direct Waterbury Manufacturing and Tank Farm operations to meet filling requirements in a safe and efficient manner.
- Review orders and customer requirements and plan production schedules and departmental operations based on various reports, including the Material requirements planning (MRP) and min/max report.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinates production activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Plan production operations, establish priorities and sequences and is back-up to Scheduler filling requirements on a daily basis.
- Manage specialty finished goods & raw materials inventory including the administration function of receiving products into the computer.
- Promote & support elements & principles of the ISO, Lean and Responsible Distribution Management Systems.
- Maintain a safe operation with high employee morale.
- Work with supervisors to ensure they effectively supervise, train and review Manufacturing and Tank Farm Chemical Operators.
- Keep up to date on best practices for manufacturing and safety in the workplace.
- Work to reduce slow moving stock items including repackaging into sell-able size containers.
- Ensure product segregation rules are followed and periodically audited.
- Participate in Open Order meetings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Operations and Engineering background.
- 5 – 10 years production management experience.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and Tank Farm functions and chemical operations; including chemical blending.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Successful experience using MRP
- Good understanding of Lean and ISO principles.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Able to organize & prioritize workloads and meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills & supply chain management.
- Excellent supervisory and personnel skills.
- Excellent systems knowledge and abstract thinking ability.
- A person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.