Location: Waterbury CT
Reports To: Purchasing Manager Date Posted: September 19, 2014
Department: Purchasing Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Track and manage inventory at the warehouse levels, develop long-term demand plans through co-ordination with operations, control the movement of inventory between the warehouses, and validate material requests for stock items.
Responsible for order fulfillment administration through replenishment requests based on established stock levels utilizing the MRP database.
- Responsible for overseeing the company-wide use of MRP and the accuracy of it’s data.
- Responsible for Waterbury raw material inventory levels through utilization of the MRP data.
- Responsible for monitoring inventories to prevent obsolete and slow moving inventory.
- Responsible for authorizing product transfers between facilities.
- Monitor inventories and sources and provide intelligence to sales and management.
- Coordinate the disposal of dead stock, waste, non-conforming materials, etc.
- Process month end consignment orders for all locations.
- Process Private Warehouse monthly activity, balances, and invoicing.
- Maintain systems required to reflect timely and accurate information and communicate trends.
- Discharge duties assigned in ISO 9001:2000 and Responsible Distribution as directed and initiate actions to prevent and correct non-conformance including interruption of production.
- Maintain constant communication with warehouses in regard to inventory levels.
- Back up for Purchasing Manager and Buyer in their absence.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- In depth knowledge of MRP.
- Knowledge of Chempax system helpful.
- Must be detail oriented with strong analytical and follow up skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access
- Must be organized and work well with constant priority changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree with previous inventory manage