Customer Service Manager
Location: Waterbury CT
REPORTS TO: COO
LOCATION: Corporate Office Waterbury, CT
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Work with COO and Sales Management objectives to promote and maintain customer satisfaction by providing problem-solving resources and managing the company wide Customer Service Team to insure timely and accurate order processing and response to customer requests.
- Accomplishes customer service objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves customer service objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying customer service trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting operational environments; conducting surveys; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information and applications and come up with practical ways to better service their needs.
- Develops a cohesive team that collaborates on delivering excellent customer service and backs one-another up as required.
- Improves quality in customer service by implementing Lean program results, working with other departments and committees to study, evaluate and re-design processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Works with IT and Business Analyst to maximize use of software, recommend improvements and implement updates and training.
- Promote and support the elements and principles of the ISO and Responsible Distribution Quality Management Systems and Lean initiatives. Recommend and provide solutions, verify the implementation of such solutions and maintain record systems.
- Assist Credit and Accounting with resolving payment questions and issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related fields. Committed to personal development and staying current on developing business processes.
- Background in Customer Service including a minimum of five years Customer Service management in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment. Familiar with sales and distribution of technical products to OEM market.
- Demonstrated success in managing, leading and developing a Customer Service Team.
Customer Service, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Staffing, Planning, Analyzing Information, Developing Standards, Help Desk Experience
Please submit your resume below or contact Lisa Casey at Lcasey@hubbardhall.com if interested.