Accounts Receivable Clerk
Location: Waterbury CT
DEPARTMENT: Accounting Dept.
HOURS: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Responsible for assuring accurate accounting records for the Company. This is a responsible non-supervisory position. Duties include performing a variety of complex clerical and entry-level bookkeeping and accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records.
- Responsible for assisting in accounts receivable and payable.
- Posts cash receipts to the appropriate receivable accounts.
- Prepares and deposits all customer checks.
- Follows up on short payments with customer and forwards to correct department internally. Whether tax, pricing, shortage of material this involves communication with each branch location as well as our salespeople.
- Process serialized and non-serialized container returns for the Waterbury Sales Office. Interact with customers and Waterbury personnel who may have questions concerning these credits.
- Process material credits for the Waterbury Sales Office. Interact with customers and Waterbury personnel who may have questions concerning these credits.
- Responsible for coordinating daily billing with all profit centers. Verifies preliminary billing report for any irregularities and follows up with profit centers to resolve any problems. Prints daily invoices and posts to general ledger and sales analysis. Checks credits and invoices and prepares for mailing. Submits invoices on-line for payment for several customers.
- Maintains control of A/R totals daily and monthly to insure the accurate posting of daily input.
- Assists the credit manager with review of customer accounts by consolidating old credits with old invoices.
- Reconcile bank accounts for all outside locations.
- Processes all credit card payments
- Discharge duties assigned in ISO 9000 and RDP as directed and initiate actions to prevent and correct non-conformance including interruption of production.
- May perform other functions as needed by the accounting group, such as photocopying and collating monthly financial statements, etc.
- File and maintain various clerical records pertinent to the Accounting Dept.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping/theories and practices and accepted office procedures.
- Good familiarity with spreadsheet software – Excel or Lotus – with the ability to maintain and set-up accounting worksheets on computer.
- Ability to perform a volume of numerical work with speed and accuracy, to make mathematical computations with or without mechanical assistance.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, legible manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
- Ability to type at a speed of at least 40 words per minute with a high degree of accuracy.
- Very good organizational skills and follow-up are needed.
- Exceptional telephone manners and pleasant voice a must, good communication skills.
- Ability to handle uncomfortable situations and remain tactful.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting a plus.
Please submit your resume below or contact Lisa Casey at Lcasey@hubbardhall.com if interested.