Hubbard-Hall is currently looking to hire an Accountant to work in a dynamic team environment.
While we are the oldest privately held chemical company in the United States, we are also the most progressive and we are looking for a curious and energetic Accountant. We distribute commodities for industry and market proprietary chemistries for surface and waste water treatment.
Ensures accurate accounting records for the Company. Duties include performing a variety of complex clerical, bookkeeping and accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records, and preparing financial and statistical reports.
- Reviews and approves A/P Inventory invoices, verifies account number, pricing and matches invoices with receivers. Resolves all costing questions with profit centers before entry into the system.
- Prepares various Accounts Payables vouchers for entry.
- Downloads and updates 1099 Software yearly. Prepares 1099’s at year-end for both vendors and dividend distributions. Assures their accuracy and mails. Maintains current information and W-9 forms for Vendors.
- Reconciles monthly fixed assets and maintains all reporting to CFO.
- Reconciles and bills weekly customer consignment transactions.
- Manages and prepares billing for Toll Blending accounts.
- Reconciles and reports monthly supplier consignment.
- Reconciles necessary accounts for month end and prepare journal entries to post to proper accounts. (Includes, but not limited to inventory adjustments, unmapped accounts, accruals).
- Maintains Salespersons Expense Tracking on Excel Spreadsheet. Uses this information to prepare quarterly P&L report for CEO and Sales managers.
- May perform other special projects as required.
- Promote and support the elements and principles of the ISO and Responsible Distribution Quality Management Systems and Lean initiatives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. 1-2 years’ experience in accounting
- Advanced skills required in spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to perform a volume of numerical work with speed and accuracy, to make mathematical computations with or without mechanical assistance.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, financial analysis capabilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
If interested, please contact Lisa Casey.