Regional Sales Representative
Location: Inman SC
Hubbard-Hall is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to promote and sell our line of proprietary chemistries for industrial surface finishing applications. The target market is US Manufacturers of metal based goods. Our lines of proprietary chemistries include cleaning, conversion coatings, corrosion inhibitors, metal/paint stripping, and waste water treatment.
JOB TITLE: Regional Sales Rep.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
LOCATION: Inman, SC – Territory NC, VA
The Regional Sales Representative is focused on generating top line growth. Top line growth is gained by achieving the sales plan, growing existing accounts and developing new business. This person manages the business within a region and utilizes consultative selling as means to understand customer requirements and provide solutions. This is a field-based position requiring frequent travel. The Regional Sales Representative works out of a home office and reports to the Director of Sales.
The Regional Sales Representative drives growth and creates value in the following areas:
Products/Service: Present products and applications to new and existing accounts. Explores the needs of the customer to provide marketing and R&D with customer requirements for new product development and opportunities.
New Markets and Applications: Identify new market opportunities within target industries for existing and modified products. Introduce programs for new market applications utilizing existing products.
Complementary Products: Identify complementary products that will serve the customers, industries and markets that we work with.
Alliances: In conjunction with the Director of Sales, identify possible business alliances that will create value for Hubbard-Hall.
Relationships: Responsible for developing professional relationships with all levels of the key accounts: president/owner, sales/marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and purchasing.
End User Selling: Visit end users each week within the targeted market sectors. Uncover the customer needs and sell the benefits of Hubbard-Hall’s range of products to meet those needs. Gain commitment and manage the process through to completion of order.
The Regional Sales Representative is also responsible for:
- Attending trade shows to identify market leaders and sales networks for our products.
- Establishing and executing overall business plans which effectively grow Hubbard-Hall business
- Communicating frequently with the Director of Sales and other Hubbard-Hall personnel in order to leverage our resources and to maximize growth potential.
- Discharge duties assigned in ISO 9000 and Responsible Distribution as directed and initiate actions to prevent and correct non-conformance including interruption of production.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
Applicable Skills and Experience:
Education should include a business or technical degree.
- Experience in consultative selling, developing growth plans with key accounts.
- Should have a minimum of 3-5 years industrial sales experience. Experience with surface finishing, metal pre-treatment or related processes preferred.
- Must be fluent in English – both written and oral.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Primary experience should be in sales of a product with a technical value-added component.
- Experience in any of our current markets is a plus.
- Proven sales excellence – an acknowledged high performer in his/her current business.
- Ambitious, high energy person with strong competitive drive.
- Builds loyal relationships quickly. Enthusiastic personality that wears well with customers and team members.
- Has marketing vision – can translate vision to reality through detailed planning and execution.
- A good business sense.
- A confident “take charge” person who can make decisions easily.
- Makes a strong, favorable impression on customers.
- Has technical aptitude, can understand a customer’s technical needs, market the advantages of Hubbard-Hall products.
- Strong presentation skills and written communications skills.
- Highly productive and efficient.
- Creative and opportunistic.
- Practices high levels of business integrity.
Please submit your resume below or contact Lisa Casey at Lcasey@hubbardhall.com if interested.